How to Be More Intuitive
1. Sit for five minutes, close your eyes and focus your mind in the space between your eyebrows. The space between the eyebrows has long been known by the sages as the, “third eye center” or “ajna chakra”. This space between the eyebrows is our intuitive mental screen. It is common to see violet and white swirling colors behind the eye lids when focusing in between the eye brows . What matters most is that you focus your attention in that space between your eyebrows and you imagine that space opening up like a window or a door or even a flowers petals.
2. Notice Synchronicity in your life. You must first be aware and attentive first before you can experience or enjoy a reliable sense of intuition. Start to notice when things are in sync. For example: Were you just talking to a friend about Marilyn Monroe and then a story about her comes up on the television or radio? Were you just thinking about your Aunt Suzzie and then she called within seconds of you thinking about her? Where you thinking something right before someone else says it? The more you notice synchronicity, the more intuitive you will be come.
3. Chant Om. The sound Om isn’t just something yogis chant. The sound Om is a powerful sound that sends vibrations all the way from the base of the spine to the crown of the head. These vibrations create an internal massage that will awaken and stimulate your cognition and memory. By chanting this sacred sound for a few minutes everyday, you will clear out cob webs and begin to train your brain to become more aware and hence more intuitive
4. Practice Self Hypnosis. Lay down and get really comfortable on the floor, couch or bed. Once you are comfortable, mentally count back from 30. As you count back from 30, exhale on each descending while at the same time breathing away all physical tensions and stresses. Once you reach the number one and you are feeling relaxed, pose a question to your inner self. Ask yourself about a certain issue you are having or a decision you are having trouble making. After you have asked the question, just relax and witness what comes into your mind. You may feel like you are dreaming or pictures, colors, sounds or feelings may come to you. Just witness whatever communication you receive from your inner self and begin to build the relationship with your inner self and in time you will develop a profound sensitivity to what your intuition is always telling you.
5. Listen to your heart/conscience- That little voice inside of you that tells you, “I knew this would happen.” when you get your heart broken, get rained on, get lost, choose the wrong answer on a test and the like is your intuition. If a little voice inside you says bring an umbrella and it’s sunny out, don’t question your intuition, just bring the umbrella. Listen to your inner heart and your inner teacher, when you do, that voice will get louder.