25 Ways to Feel Happy in 5 Mins!
25 Ways to Feel in Happy in Just 5 Mins! If you really want to be in a good mood or feel a burst of joy, practice any one of the tips below!
By: Jane Foody
- Smile wide, even if you fake it, your brains pharmacy of feel good chemicals automatically are released when we smile.
- Write down as many things as you can think of in 5 minutes that you are grateful for.
- Visualize yourself on a vacation. Close your eyes and imagine you are on the best vacation of your life.
- Read something inspirational that has made you feel good in the past. Open your book up to a random page and read for a few minutes.
- Help out by giving someone a hand and put your full attention on them. Through self forgetting we are freed from our self destruction.
- Google the words, “feel happy” and read one of the articles the search engine crawls.
- Stretch out. Change a muscle, change a thought. Reach your arms up over your head and stretch upwards and backwards as though you are trying to reach and touch the sky with your chest.
- Contrast. Think of what you don’t want, write it down and then ask yourself, “What do I really want?” and write down on a piece of paper what you really want.
- Laugh as hard and for as long as you can. Take a deep breath in and then let out an AH, OH and a HE laugh (it’s fine if it’s fake it, your abdomen should still be moving and you should be smiling and looking like you are laughing.
- Drink some water. Before you take a sip look at the container the water is in and observe the water. Mentally say to the water, “I love you, please nourish my body and mind.”
- Phone a friend or someone you love and tell them, “I was just thinking about how wonderful of a person you are and how happy I am to have met you in this lifetime.”
- Breathe Deeply trying to get to the bottom of your lungs with the oxygen. As you oxygenate your body and mind you will feel happier!
- Hum or Sing your favorite song.
- Remember a happy childhood memory.
- Affirm what it is that you want over and over to yourself for 5 minutes
- Smell or gaze at some pretty flowers
- Watch or observe a child while they play.
- Eat some fresh fruit and feel the universe within you.
- Hug a tree or step in some grass or just go outside and take a deep breath and connect with the earth.
- Give someone in need a dollar or a snack to eat.
- Imagine your heart is smiling and hold your attention on your smiling heart for five straight minutes. Notice how you feel.
- Send happy thoughts to as many people as you can think of in five minutes.
- Hug yourself.
- Look in the mirror and say, “I love you” to yourself.
- Surrender all your worries to the Universe and with all your heart let them go and practice allowing with a positive mental attitude!